Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Matilda's family address in Bath,England 15 Claverton Blg. Still exists today.

Upper left: St Thomas  at Widcombe
Lover left  Bath Parks and Gardens.  (I did visit
this place and have pictures.)
Main Picture:  Combe, Bath, England 
                 Pictures to the left are of North East Somerset, Bath England.    This area is where Matilda's    parents were born and lived all their lives.  When they married on 23 November 1823 their address was 15 Claverton Buildings, Bath, Somerset, England.    In my research I found a member of this family living at that same address until 1917.  Just  think about it, for  ninety-four years a family member resided at  that address.  
        In 2001, I visited this beautiful city of Bath, England.  If  I had only known then what I know now;  15 Claverton Bldg. is the only building  of many numbered Claverton Bldg's that is the "least altered" bldg. today.  It was built in 1755 of Limestone ashlar: two story’s high, with an attic, and a basement.   In 2001, I actually could have visited  this very dwelling.    To see more click on this link:
Claverton Buildings     
     
Much Much more to come.
Sorry  for so much time in between
posts .  Things happen that are just out of my control   that keeps me from doing what I love most.     
   
Renée
  .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. You have been such an inspiration to me. Check out mine at speakingfromthedust.blogspot.com O would love your feed back. Teri