Search This Blog

Saturday, February 1, 2014

A picture that should be a Valentine - Emma Louise Miller Albertson

Emma Louise Miller/ Albertson
9 Nov 1883 Snowville, Ut
2 Jul 1930 Buried in Albion, Id
Wouldn't you agree that this picture of Emma Louise Miller merits to be made into a valentine?  Beautiful lady dressed in the most beautiful white dress.  Emma is not related to me. She married a first cousin twice removed of mine Cyrus Albertson.  Cyrus and my common ancestor are Thomas and Mary Hepworth.  I have little information on Emma and Cyrus but, the pictures I have are priceless and I wanted to share them with you.  
Emma Louise was born in Snowville, Utah 9 Nov 1883.  I don't know when the Miller family moved to Albion, Idaho. 

Cyrus is the fifth child of Charles and Mary Ann Hepworth Albertson born 27 Nov, 1877 in Albion ID. .  He was fourteen when his mother died. 





Emma was seventeen when 
she married Cyrus Albertson who was twenty three.
They were married in
 Albion, Idaho on
Emma Louise Miller
Cyrus Albertson
1 May 1901 Albion, ID





1 May 1901.  A favorite day of mine; I was born on May day forty one years later.  I do know Cyrus was a partner in the Albion Meat Market with Great Uncle Joe Hepworth at one time when Cyrus was very young man.  Most of his life he was a farmer.
Family Picture
Emma & Cyrus  two children. 
 Beautiful family picture of the Albertson family.  Again Emma is wearing a beautiful dress.  I wish I knew if it's a white dress or a light pink or blue or yellow.  If the children are the first two children born to them they are both boys.  Emma and Cyrus had nine children; seven boys and two girls.  Sadly Emma died at the early age of forty six. 2 July 1930.  Her youngest child was four years old.  Two of her children were married.  
Cyrus did marry again.  He died at age seventy eight on 7 Nov 1956.  Both Emma and Cyrus are buried in the Albion Id. Cemetery.


Renée

No comments: